When StartApp first launched a few years ago, they were a unique innovative new monetization channel to make money on Android.
The Android developer bundled their SDK and once the app was installed a new search shortcut would appear on the user's device,
this allowed them to monetize on the search functionality.
We had a smart integration with StartApp, were the developer checked a CheckBox on the plugin and the SDK got bundled on the cloud build.
This unique new monetization channel was a hit. StartApp on VentureBeat 2 years ago
But it was a matter of time until Google will prohibit this from their platform, taking money from Google on Android with a different Search engine utility...
Well, Google did changed their terms eventually and started banning apps from their play store with this integration.
Nowadays, StartApp has managed to recover and become a strong new innovative Ads network for iOS and Android. We are now introducing a new cn1lib to allow you to monetize your apps using their channel.
The new integration is quite simple.
- First get yourself an account from their portal
- Create 2 apps on their portal - one for Android and another for iOS
- Grab the cn1lib from here
- Place the CN1StartApp.cn1lib under your projects lib folder
- Right click on your project and select "Codename One->Refresh Libs"
- Now follow the Usage instructions here